There is so much to do, see and try, that I know it sounds strange, but it is almost worth a visit in itself. Seems like a lot of people purposely book their tickets through Singapore just for that reason. I would too next time for sure if it would make the flights cheaper. On top of that, people working in the airport are nice! Imagine being stuck in an American airport overnight, horrible experience. Being stuck in Singapore airport, you might call your booking agent and have you stay another night. I am not saying to include a visit on your next travel to Asia, but it certainly ranks up there in the list of the best Singapore has to offer
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Singapore Airport, Changi
Just a week ago I had a pretty bad experience staying in the Christchurch airport overnight, I told myself I would not stay in another airport, ever again, I would rather pay for a hotel.
Well, the Christchurch one was not planned, whereas I had booked the tickets to Singapore Airport with this in mind. The reason being that Changi airport has prices and awards won year after year for being the best airport in the world, especially for people staying overnight. Where some airports discourage people to stay in the airport, Changi offers multiple options for travelers passing through here.
There are spas that offer a complete facility of services, gym, showers, lounge with finger foods and snacks, for only $38 per day, a shower as I got for $8. Free movie theaters that show real movies for free. Lounge areas with chairs so flat they can be used to sleep on. There is even a built-in alarm for waking up in time. There are plenty of massage chairs through out the airport, some are to be paid for, others are a little hidden, but free.
A couple of botanical gardens to relieve the stress of, well, let's say I was stressed of not having a job maybe, haha. Butterfly room, with thousands of butterflies flying around, pretty sure they must have recorded parts of the movie Avatar in there. There were restaurants open 24 hours and not just MacDonalds. Widely spread are computers with Internet, of course for free too. That is if you don't want to use the free wireless provided throughout the 3 terminals. Power plugs ever where

There is so much to do, see and try, that I know it sounds strange, but it is almost worth a visit in itself. Seems like a lot of people purposely book their tickets through Singapore just for that reason. I would too next time for sure if it would make the flights cheaper. On top of that, people working in the airport are nice! Imagine being stuck in an American airport overnight, horrible experience. Being stuck in Singapore airport, you might call your booking agent and have you stay another night. I am not saying to include a visit on your next travel to Asia, but it certainly ranks up there in the list of the best Singapore has to offer
There is so much to do, see and try, that I know it sounds strange, but it is almost worth a visit in itself. Seems like a lot of people purposely book their tickets through Singapore just for that reason. I would too next time for sure if it would make the flights cheaper. On top of that, people working in the airport are nice! Imagine being stuck in an American airport overnight, horrible experience. Being stuck in Singapore airport, you might call your booking agent and have you stay another night. I am not saying to include a visit on your next travel to Asia, but it certainly ranks up there in the list of the best Singapore has to offer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment