We started at a live music place, the place always blasts out music on the street. Last time I had been there it had not been too good, but this evening it was really good. Maybe the many beers and the barrel sized vodka Redbull bucket had something to do with it.
We did some bar hopping here and there, and ended up at the Chinese restaurant Suzy Wong. Well, I guess it is not exactly a restaurant, a bar with topless girls dancing while hitting the people with a foal thingy, I guess some people gets turned on by that. When we entered I got a text message from Henri and Marko, they had just returned from a couple of days on the Phi Phi island. I was texting back when some lady came and told me I couldn't take pictures. I told her I wasn't taking pictures and continued texting.
That's when a couple of Thai guys came and pulled me out of the bar. I guess they don't understand English very well, because I just got thrown out of a bar in Thailand, that is some accomplishment in itself for sure.
Out of the bar I was standing there for a while. Well, not for long because there are around 500 other bars and there were plenty of them in front of me. I went to one that we had frequently visited, ordered myself a bucket of Sangsom Coke. They were asking me where my son was, and I was a little confused, but played along. Apparently they thought that Elias was my son and I was hanging out in the bars with my son all the time. Haha, that was interesting twist, had not even thought about that myself. From now on I would speak about Elias as my son... Wait, was I really that old that I could have a 20 year old son? And that crazy? Hmm, I guess both those factors were valid enough.
A moment later Henri and Marko showed up together with Petri. They had been partying a bit too hard on Phi Phi and wanted to take it easy. We were sitting talking about Phi Phi, when the other guys finally made it back from Suzy Wongs and joined us for a couple of beers. The girls went with Yannick to the night club, but Elias stayed in the bar. At least for a few moments, because suddenly he started smiling and left. I looked over the shoulder and saw him enter the tattoo shop near by. He had been complaining a little about the previous tattoo he got in the place, so I thought he was going to get it redone. We sat in the bar talking when I walked in to see the tattooing being done, actually for the very first time.
Instead of getting the other finger tattoo repainted, he had chosen to get one on the other fingers too.I am sure him mom was going to be happy for that one!
We ended up in the disco with the girls a little later. Still I don't understand why I keep coming there. Patong has places for everybody and I really don't feel at home in those places. The drinks are more expensive, it is super crowded, long wait to get a drink, so and so music. Just a lot of people dressing up to pretend, looking sharper than the guy next to them. I guess that is the basic of every night club all over the world, but when I have the choice, I chose differently, that's for sure.
Never saw Yannick again, he got sent off in style I guess :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment