Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 1, Beijing

We landed in Beijing around 18:00, I will let you do the math of what day it is and how long the flight was.

I got through the immigration without any problems, found a bathroom to do my first doo doo on Chinese soil. They put a sign on the door asking me to lock the door? I was actually a bit surprised to even find a door, haha
I got my backpack, headed out of the airport and was immediately greeted by a swarm of Chinese people who offered me taxi's, very kind people I thought. To my surprise they spoke pretty good English, so when I handed them the address in Chinese that Klaus had told me to print out to his place, and the guy said, yes yes and started walking. Well mr Chinese cab dude, what is the price to take me there? 250, he said and started walking towards the escalator pushing me the same way. I knew it should be around 60-80, so I shook my head and told him to beat it. 200 he shouted, 150... haha, outside there was a cab that took me to Beijing for only 75. At some point on the way the cab driver left the cab to go and ask for directions from people on the street, but finally made it there.
Klaus had told me he lived in a pretty big place, and I have to say he was not lying. Freaking big pent house apartment with guards and a reception. I wonder if I will ever get in this building on my own while Klaus is at work, haha
We went out for some dinner, walked up through dark alleys with steam coming out from buildings around, people sitting and chatting around. Just like the movies I was about to say, but I guess it is the other way around, the movies are just like here? In any case, we got some Japanese food, beer and sake, went back to the 20th floor apartment, where I started to get a little tired. I searched for my stuff among his 6 bedrooms, finally found it and just crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment