Monday, October 1, 2012

Ansan, Seoul suburb

The next morning we drive to Yumi and Doctor Kim's place, located in Ansan which is a suburb of Seoul. Also now I get to notice the Korean driving habits, which I would call a little bit liberal. Parking culture is something like the Italians, double parking here and there, leaving the car in neutral so that people can push it away if they need to get their car in the second row. Quite thoughtful in fact, haha

Normally at a stop light, red means stop. Colorblindness also seems to only be a problem for men as far as I know. But Yumi was driving and only slowing down a bit for the red lights... It wasn't only her, most people did that.
At the lights where people did stop, they would still be halfway out in the cross blocking pedestrian crossings. Saving a few seconds when the lights finally changed.
We arrived at their place which was on the 10th floor of a huge condo complex too. In fact, there were tens of similar buildings around, only differentiated by a huge number on the building side. Not sure how many people live in this area, but it does provide a healthy clientele for businesses, like shops and restaurants.
Yumi and Doctor Kim were busy, driving range and golfing during the evening, so we decided to take a day off today, dealing with the jetlag and taking care of practical things. I found that my phone number still worked in Korea, which came as a surprise for me. The day before I had just requested a porting of my number to Google, but now I had to figure out how to cancel that...
Hyunju was going to make some light lunch snack, dumplings. I am just wondering what would have happened if her sister had not surprised us and come home after only very little time on the driving range - she had to rush to the kitchen and save the lunch before it turned into coal or even worse, set on fire. No comments, Hyunju, haha

No comments:

Post a Comment