The last day in Korea. Well, no reason not to play tennis, right? Have to leave a good impression, also on the tennis court.
We end up on a restaurant that only seems to sell one dish, some bean sprout soup thing. Very clean and good tasting in fact and the place is busy like no other place I have seen before. The shoes are left in the front area and everyone is sitting on the floor. An extra thing to think about. People in their 60s and 70s are still able to get up and down to the floor. I can think of many people the same age who would not be able to do that, just because
It is Yumi's turn to excel in the kitchen, making around 5 different dishes at once I think. The kids eat special food as they don't like spicy food. Well, now they at least started to eat more kimchi, haha.
I wonder what I could make those boys do if I had them for a week? Yumi agreed I could take them anytime, no problem, haha
The kids are doing homework and I suddenly get very interested. They have some magic pen that can detect what area of a book they are pressing, then it reads that thing aloud in English.
I had to check the pen and book many times, but never really figured out how it worked. The book had 50 pages or so, and many different objects on every page. I was puzzled, still am.
We had dinner, it tasted super good. And of course I ate too much again, but what is new? After dinner we were finally going to have a piece of that cake I had been sitting and watching the previous evening. It was a little so-so when you consider the taste buds the rest of the food activated. Ok, real whipped creme and real chocolate, but still.
While sitting there eating food, Doctor Kim suddenly asks if I don't want a shot? A shot? Hmm, I knew he didn't really drink alcohol so what did he mean? He went to the fridge and took a box from the top shelf, it contained lots of canisters used for immunizations.
What was he up to. Hyunju came in and filled in the blanks. He was going to give me a flu shot, to prepare me for my trip and prevent me from at least getting the flu. How nice of him. The setting was just a little funny, in the middle of the dessert, food still on the table.
I went to my room and packed my tiny backpack, shedding a few pounds of clothes to make my future travel a little easier.
We then headed out for a last drink in the local Ansan party district. Just when parking the car we bump into Mr Do and a couple of his friends. Everyone is bowing to each other, that is nice to see. Mr Do started speaking a little English and said something about a big hug. Well, I didn't think twice, I gave him a big bear hug, everyone was laughing.
This is the end of a super trip to Korea. As I wrote in the beginning, I felt a little guilty dragging Hyunju along, but not very guilty. It was Yumi's idea, that's my story I am will stick to it.
I had never in my wildest fantasy expected a royal treatment like the one I got. They didn't have to do any of what they did, but it seemed like they really enjoyed showing Korea to me - I feel super special, can not even explain it, a thank you isn't really enough. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have had an experience this special if I had been there on my own, so I can't really thank everyone enough.
The only thing I can do now is to take my Psy Gangnam socks and go out there, being the ambassador for South Korea where my new friends are living. If everything else fails, the only thing I should remember to tell people was:
I wonder what I could make those boys do if I had them for a week? Yumi agreed I could take them anytime, no problem, haha
The kids are doing homework and I suddenly get very interested. They have some magic pen that can detect what area of a book they are pressing, then it reads that thing aloud in English.
I had to check the pen and book many times, but never really figured out how it worked. The book had 50 pages or so, and many different objects on every page. I was puzzled, still am.We had dinner, it tasted super good. And of course I ate too much again, but what is new? After dinner we were finally going to have a piece of that cake I had been sitting and watching the previous evening. It was a little so-so when you consider the taste buds the rest of the food activated. Ok, real whipped creme and real chocolate, but still.
While sitting there eating food, Doctor Kim suddenly asks if I don't want a shot? A shot? Hmm, I knew he didn't really drink alcohol so what did he mean? He went to the fridge and took a box from the top shelf, it contained lots of canisters used for immunizations.
What was he up to. Hyunju came in and filled in the blanks. He was going to give me a flu shot, to prepare me for my trip and prevent me from at least getting the flu. How nice of him. The setting was just a little funny, in the middle of the dessert, food still on the table.
I went to my room and packed my tiny backpack, shedding a few pounds of clothes to make my future travel a little easier.
We then headed out for a last drink in the local Ansan party district. Just when parking the car we bump into Mr Do and a couple of his friends. Everyone is bowing to each other, that is nice to see. Mr Do started speaking a little English and said something about a big hug. Well, I didn't think twice, I gave him a big bear hug, everyone was laughing.
This is the end of a super trip to Korea. As I wrote in the beginning, I felt a little guilty dragging Hyunju along, but not very guilty. It was Yumi's idea, that's my story I am will stick to it.
I had never in my wildest fantasy expected a royal treatment like the one I got. They didn't have to do any of what they did, but it seemed like they really enjoyed showing Korea to me - I feel super special, can not even explain it, a thank you isn't really enough. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have had an experience this special if I had been there on my own, so I can't really thank everyone enough.The only thing I can do now is to take my Psy Gangnam socks and go out there, being the ambassador for South Korea where my new friends are living. If everything else fails, the only thing I should remember to tell people was:
Dokdo belongs to Korea

No comments:
Post a Comment