Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Borneo, here I come


Landed in Kota Kinabalu around 6pm, was on a connecting flight to Tawau an hour later, but had to manually check my luggage in again. Now it suddenly weighed 25.8 kg on their scale, I told the lady it didn’t use to weigh this much, she just smiled and said ok.
The airport was pretty bad too, but I found a little spot in the corner of the at the domestic terminal where I could sit with my computer, but not connect to the internet. My phone was still not able to get on the network, now I am thinking it might be close to being toast.
The flight to Tawau was not pleasant, even though it was only 50 minutes. Someone had definitely shit their pants on the airplane, everyone seemed to be able to smell it, but nobody did anything about it. I was the only white guy in the airplane, they probably though it was me, a big white tourist is having a stomach problem. Well, luckily this was not some 5 hours flight and soon we were landing in Tawau and most people rushed out of the airplane to breathe some fresh air.
My bag came out as the first one, yeah, I picked it up and headed out where a guy was standing with a sign that had my name on it. I must be the only one with that name on the flight, so this driver is mine
It was close to 10pm, the roads were not well marked but I trusted he knew his driving.  He drove like we were trying to beat a record so something, very interesting driving. I finally arrive at the hotel, which turns out to be a hostel, I didn’t know that. But I still had my own room, but had to share the bathroom.
Had to get up early the next morning so didn’t bother about dinner, most places seemed closed anyway, just set all my gear up for charging – I was ready for some diving!

No comments:

Post a Comment