Daddy and mommy Hwang were joining the sisters today for the "celebrations", they came early afternoon and wanted to take us out for lunch at some island. Yumin and Jimin suddenly didn't want to go to their sports and afternoon private tutoring, now that grandma and grandpa were there, haha. Jimin was hiding on the balcony in a place so narrow that no-one could grab him.
We went to lunch and had a super good seafood mussel soup. After having eaten plate after plate, they tell me not to eat too much, because we are going to a good place for dinner... How about telling me before having finished the 5th plate???
Well, back home again I have to lay down to relax my stomach and prepare for the next food intake extraordinaire. Like every other day. I like it, haha
We go out for dinner at a Korean BBQ place, it tastes really good. I have become kind of addicted to this stuff by now, how can I ever live a normal life afterward again?
Today I was then taught about the Lunar Calendar and the Solar Calendar. Since the Lunar month is a little shorter than our "regular" months, they would now and then have a 13th months. That blew me off a little bit, but since Hyunju was not in that zone, her Solar Calendar date in November, was the 10th of October in 1982, or something like that. But because 10 is a lucky number, the birthday 10/10 seems better to use. The problem though is that it jumps around every year on different Solar Calendar dates... Confused? Not a problem, the solution is just to party on all the dates, then you are sure not to miss out.
Last year on the exact same date we also celebrated her birthday, on a boat in Ha Long bay in Vietnam. I had initially contacted Yumi to find out what birthday the family would celebrate, she answered back "10/10, now just come". Well, it turns out it wasn't maybe the entire truth, but she just said that because the weather would be better this time of the year, instead of in November. Funny, but apparently Yumi in a nut shell :-)We bought a birthday cake to eat at home afterward, but before that I had to say farewell to Mama and Pappa Hwang. I knew all along that I was visiting, but now it starts to sink in that I have to leave soon. Very depressing
At home afterward, everyone is so freaking full that they fall asleep. There I am in the living room sitting looking at the cake, wondering how I can still eat more... What have they done to me?

No comments:
Post a Comment