I talked with Elias and we agreed that we should be able to get a good deal with our dive shop, now that we had been working for free for them, for almost many times now. We went to the office and presented our case with big smiles on our faces. The disappointment was big when we were told we that we could get some discount, but that was it. I had officially volunteer worked for them for the last time!Back home we sat and discussed alternatives, and that's when I thought about the place in Kamala where I had been to talk to the guy for a job too a couple of months earlier.
It wouldn't be as nice a trip as with our "own" dive shop, but it had to be cheaper. Elias had done his Open Water course with him and helped him a few times too with some courses after we finished our instructor course. He responded right away with some super deal. That was it, we were going to Kamala instead to do the Discover Scuba Diving with Team A1. One of Claus's friends, Kent, had decided to join for a refresher as he was already scuba diver with another agency than PADI.
Claus had been doing a lot of snorkeling already, so he was used to having the head underwater and breathing through the snorkel. I wasn't sure about Goy as she had her own snorkel equipment too.
I knew Lek was new to this for sure as Elias had been in the water with her a few weeks earlier for her very first time.We decided that I should take Claus and Kent as they most probably would be able to do down right away, and Elias would go slower with Goy and Lek.
Claus went down and then up again maybe 10 times with pain in the ears, he hadn't really figured out how to equalize. Once he got that under control, he was scuba diving for real.We went up to see how Lek and Goy were doing and Elias told me to take Goy and Claus, Lek needed some more time.
There was a big difference between Claus and some of the DSD students I had been diving with on the boat before. Claus wasn't afraid and understood how the system worked almost right away.
Goy also had problems with her ears, I guess it is just the technique how to equalize properly that is missing. We took it very slow and before she knew it we were down searching for the small Nemo fishes living in the sea anemone. The ones we found were not the right color though so she was a little disappointed.The second dive was done at a wreck of an old crane. The dive guide on the boat from the shop told us to swim in a certain direction, there we would find the wreck.
The visibility was shit, around 1-2 meters at the bottom, and after swimming for 5 minutes, there was still no wreck. Suddenly Claus shot to the surface, he had mistaken the inflate for deflate on his BCD. We all went up and back to the boat. By the boat I noticed that the wreck was just below us, thanks dive guide!!
I went down again with Goy and after Lek had given up. It was difficult to see too much down there and I wonder how much Goy actually saw with her foggy mask, but it was full of nudi branches, lion fish, shrimps, scorpion fish and sea urchins. Could have been very easy to get injured with this bad visibility, just add a little current and it would not be a fun dive spot at all.We finished the dive, got back to shore and had a nice lunch before returning to Patong for a lot of drinks with the money we had saved not going with the other dive shop!



No comments:
Post a Comment