The ticket out of there had been ordered a few days ago, but still it came as a surprise. Went to the dive shop to say goodbye. Even though I had paid a lot of money and there had been a few bumps on the road, overall it had been a great, funny and rewarding experience. Having been out with the smaller dive shop's boat in Kamala, I can for sure say that I wouldn't have swapped my boat experience I got.
The time I spend the most with was probably the guys on the boat, the other instructors and dive masters. Being in the industry myself now, there are so many people coming and going, not only tourists. It seems to be a bit difficult to befriend anyone for real in this industry, as one week later you might not see them again. There are instructor candidates arriving and leaving every month, I was also just one of them. Handshakes, thanks and goodbye and they move on to their next customer... That's lifeElias, Au and I went to the beach one last time, this time Laem singh beach. It is a small secluded beach about 20min North of Patong a little bit hidden away and you need to know about it to find it. The path down to the beach is not exactly easy, as it is steep and washed away steps
The beach itself was nice, lots of sand and water, haha. But to my surprise there were plenty of big rocks too, both in and out of the water, which in my opinion is not a plus in the book? Swimming there I hit my knee on some rocks that poked out of the sand.The service on the beach from the bars around was not as good as in Patong either.
We ended up having to go to the bar to order something to drink, and that's when Elias did the unthinkable and ordered a Singha for me. 5 months of drinking Tiger and he ordered a Singha? What kind of friend is that???
We spent a few hours there, someone taking care of their hangover, me just laying there reflecting about all the things I did and did not do the last 6 months on this travel. Started in South Korea with Hyunju and her family, then to the Philippines with Martin and met Albert, solo traveling on Borneo and now Thailand where I met so many super nice new friends. Without these people it would not have been the same. So many fun memories - what a great way to spend life.
We went back to Patong, it was time for one last night. Ended up at the A1 bar for a few drinks, yeah, big surprise, and didn't get out of there until around 2 at night. It was time for a last time at Bangla too, so we all jumped into a Tuk Tuk and headed for the notorious party street.I had to try Elias's cap now and putting it sideways immediately transformed me into a 22 year old rapper... Or not
At the bar,
Elias ended up behind the bar counter again as he wanted to make a few drinks for me so that I wouldn't forget them so easily. He thought it might be a good idea to make a drink called Flatliner, Tequila, Sambuca and spiced up with Tabasco.
Elias found some nice sized shot glasses and got hold of a new bottle of Tabasco. When he was done mixing the 5 shots, the Tabasco bottle was empty, so imagine where that hot juice went.I can eat super spicy food, I have no problems eating the hottest of the Thai foods, but this drink was pretty naste. The throat got coated with Tabasco mixed with the thicker Sambuca. Goy almost died it looked like, Claus and Au politely thanked no, so Elias ended up with 3 himself, haha. After that his memory went flatline, haha
He went on to mixing other drinks and I had a few, but when he started putting beer and blue bols in the blender, that's when we decided to call it a night.

No comments:
Post a Comment